- Hindi News
- Loksabha Election 2024 Latest News Update; Narendra Modi Vs Congress, Prashant Kishore, PK, Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka Gandhi
Election strategist Prashant Kishor held an important meeting with the Gandhi family in Delhi on Tuesday. Many speculations are being made about this meeting with Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi. Earlier there were reports that Prashant Kishor discussed with Rahul Gandhi the ongoing political crisis in Punjab and next year’s assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh. However, now reports are coming that in this meeting, the strategy to re-form the Congress party for the Lok Sabha elections to be held in 2024 was discussed.
Understand the importance of PK’s meeting in 5 points
- According to the report of NDTV, it was initially believed that Rahul and Priyanka were present in the meeting with Prashant Kishor in Delhi on Tuesday evening. It is being told that Congress President Sonia Gandhi also attended the meeting virtually.
- According to sources, the agenda of the meeting was not the assembly elections to be held in Punjab or Uttar Pradesh, but a bigger issue. Speculations are rife that Prashant Kishor can play an important role in preparing the Congress for the fight for the 2024 Lok Sabha elections.
- Earlier, the PK-Rahul meeting was seen to be linked to the turmoil in the Congress in Punjab, where the party is battling for a fix between its two leaders, Chief Minister Amarinder Singh and Navjot Singh Sidhu.
- This is not the first time that election strategists have come to meet the Congress family. With this Prashant Kishor helped the Congress during its failed campaign for the 2017 UP elections. In these elections, the Congress had an alliance with the Samajwadi Party. Then BJP came to power defeating the alliance.
- Upset over the humiliating defeat in UP amid his impressive track record, PK had publicly questioned the working style of the Congress. Congress had to face defeat in many states due to infighting.
PK had said – no role in the opposition front
- In June, the political atmosphere of the country heated up very fast when Prashant Kishor came to meet NCP chief Sharad Pawar twice on June 11 and 21. Then speculations started that Mamta Banerjee was going to play some big game with Pawar. She wants to create a bigger front parallel to the UPA.
- However, then Prashant Kishor and Sharad Pawar themselves had shrugged off these speculations. Both said that the Third Front does not exist without the Congress party. After this, the meeting of the National Forum was held on 22. It was led by Yashwant Sinha, vice-president of Trinamool.
- Sharad Pawar, Farooq Abdullah of National Conference, Sanjay Singh of Aam Aadmi Party, D Raja of CPI, writer Javed Akhtar also attended the meeting of the National Forum. Bahujan Samaj Party, Shiv Sena and Congress did not attend the meeting.
- After the meeting, on the question of third front, Prashant Kishor had clearly said that no such third or fourth front can give competition to Modi. He had then said that he had no role in the opposition front in the 2024 elections.
There is more news…