Chaturmas 2021: According to the Hindi calendar, it starts from the Ekadashi date of Shukla Paksha of Ashadh month. This Ekadashi date is called Devshayani Ekadashi. According to Hindu tradition, on the day of Devshayani Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu will go to Hades to rest for the next four months. This period of four months is called Chaturmas. On the day of Devotthan Ekadashi, when Lord Vishnu gets up and will come again to the earth. Then this Chaturmas will end. These four months of Chaturmas are very auspicious for yogis. During this, Manglik works are prohibited while religious works are done. What people should and should not do in this Chaturmas. It has some rules. By following which we can become partners of virtue and are free from all sins.
Chaturmas K Rules:
- During Chaturmas, people should sleep on the ground. It is believed that on the day of Devshayani Ekadashi, Shri Hari goes into yoga nidra and wakes up from sleep on the Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month, which is called Devotthan Ekadashi. That is why people should sleep on the ground till the entire Chaturmas i.e. Kartik Purnima. Due to this the person does not lack money.
- During Chaturmas we should renounce all evil. One should avoid both blasphemy and listening during this time. This gives freedom from sin.
- In this Chaturmas, a person should eat with a calm mind. They should not talk during the meal. It is believed that by doing this the food becomes impure. It is believed that the person who eats food in a calm way, sufferings are destroyed from his life.
- In Chaturmas one should observe celibacy, fasting, bathing, charity and meditating and chanting Lord Vishnu. needed. They should take food on a pure plate instead of a vessel and live a peaceful life. This gives special benefits.
- Lemon, chilli, urad and gram should be discarded in Chaturmas.
- Whoever lives by drinking milk or eating fruits only in Chaturmas All his sins are taken away.