Ashadh Guru Purnima: Describing the glory of Guru in Hinduism, it has been said that the place of Guru is higher than that of Gobind i.e. God. Although Hinduism has a special place of full moon, but the full moon of the month of Ashadha is the highest place. Because the full moon of this day is called Guru Purnima or Ashadha Purnima. The festival of Guru Purnima is celebrated on the full moon of Ashadh month.
Maharishi Ved Vyas was born on Ashadh Purnima. That is why it is also called Vyas Purnima. This year the festival of Guru Purnima will be celebrated on 24 July 2021. By doing some special measures on the day of Guru Purnima, the blessings of the Guru are obtained. But there are some such things which make the Guru angry. So let’s know what to do and what not to do on Guru Purnima.
ashadh full moon To do these miraculous Remedy
- Sweet water should be poured into the roots of the Peepal tree on the auspicious day of Guru Purnima. It is believed that doing so pleases Goddess Lakshmi and showers her full blessings on her devotees.
- On the evening of Guru Purnima, if husband and wife together see the moon and offer them cow’s milk Arghya. It is a religious belief that by doing this, sweetness comes in their married life.
- On the evening of Ashadh Guru Purnima, a lamp of pure native ghee should be lit in front of Tulsi ji.
- The moon should be seen on the evening of Guru Purnima. After that, mixing Gangajal and Akshat in milk should be offered to the moon. It is believed that by doing this the moon defects are removed. It should also be kept in mind that after offering Arghya to the moon, one must chant the mantra of Chandradev ‘Om Somay Namah’.
full moon of Day sometimes not do these Work
- The house should not be kept dirty on this holy day of Guru Purnima.
- On the day of Ashadha Purnima, no one should speak harsh words and should not fight or quarrel with anyone.
- On the auspicious day of Guru Purnima, one should never insult a woman or an elderly person. This angers the guru and can get his curse.
- On the day of Ashadh Guru Purnima, even after forgetting, vengeful things like meat and liquor should not be consumed.