- Hindi News
- Profit Of Rs 3,748 Crore For ITC During January To March, Dividend Of Rs 5.75 Per Share
Troubled by Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
ITC, a company doing business in the FMCG-cigarette-hotel sector, has released its fourth quarter results on Tuesday. The company had a net profit of Rs 3,748.4 crore during January to March. This is less than the profit of Rs 3,797 crore in the same quarter last year.
During this period, the company’s revenue from operations increased by 22.6% to Rs 13,294 crore, which did not include excise duty. It was Rs 10,665 crore a year ago. In the BSE filing, the company said that its total expenses increased by 31.5% to Rs 10,075 crore.
Quarterly results of different segments of ITC in the fourth quarter
- Cigarette business accounts for 41% of the company’s total business. It grew by 14.2% year-on-year to Rs 5,859 crore. Its Ebitda also grew by 7.7% to Rs 3,666 crore in the fourth quarter.
- The FMCG segment’s revenue grew 15.8% to Rs 3,687 crore from the March quarter last year. EBITDA also increased by 28.4% to Rs 188.63 crore.
- Talking about the hotel segment, it has been badly affected in the March quarter. With the return of the pandemic, revenue fell 38.2% on an annual basis to Rs 287.77 crore. Similarly, EBita loss was also Rs 40.1 crore.
- Agri business has done vigorous business. The segment’s revenue grew 78.5% to Rs 3,368.92 crore during January-March. EBita too rose 54.2% to Rs 189.85 crore.
- Apart from this, revenue growth in the company’s paperboard, paper and packaging business grew by 13.5% to Rs 1,655.91 crore. Similarly, the EBita of the segment also increased by 13.1% to Rs 323.25 crore.
- The board of the company has also declared an interim dividend of Rs 5.75 per share.
There is more news…