Nirjala EkadashiIt is known by the name of (Nirjala Ekadashi) that this fast is done without taking even a drop of water. Although there are 24 Ekadashis in a year and every Ekadashi has its own special significance, but the Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Jyeshtha month is considered very special, whose name is Nirjala Ekadashi. Neither a drop of water nor a grain of food. There are many rules to observe this difficult fast, which must be followed by the fast. If you are going to observe this fast for the first time, then it is very important for you to know its rules. But first let us tell you when is Nirjala Ekadashi this time.
This time the fast of Nirjala Ekadashi will be kept on 21st June.
Although Ekadashi date will start from 4 pm on 20th June and will remain till 1:30 pm on 21st June, but its fast will be kept only on 21st June and the fast will end on 22nd June i.e. the next day.
Take special care of these things
The fast of Nirjala Ekadashi is observed for Lord Vishnu. It is said that this fast gives salvation and frees one from the bondage of births. But the more benefits of this fast, it is equally difficult. Because this fast is observed without taking water. Which is not less than the test of the devotees in the hot afternoon of Jeth. Apart from this, the fasting should also take care of some special things. which are as follows –
- If possible, get up on this day in Brahma Muhurta and prepare for worship after retiring from bath etc. But don’t sleep till late for any reason.
- Clean the temple and light a lamp in front of the idol of Lord Vishnu by sprinkling Gangajal and take a vow of fasting.
- Read the story of Ekadashi fast and remember Shri Hari.
- On this day, especially keep in mind that you should not drink water, apart from this, food is not taken during Ekadashi fast.
- On the next day, break the fast till 8 in the morning. Make food after taking bath in it, offer food to Shri Hari and donate it to Brahmin.