- Hindi News
- New Rule For PF Subscribers Will Be Applicable From June 1, Account Will Have To Be Verified With Aadhaar, Know Easy Steps
Troubled with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
There is big news related to Provident Fund i.e. PF for the employed people. Now the company offering the job will have to verify the PF account from Aadhaar. The new rule will come into effect from June 1 itself.
According to the new rule, if the employer or the employer fails to do so, then the contribution of the employer in the subscriber’s account can be stopped. In such a situation, it has become important for subscribers to link their PF account to Aadhaar. Also, UAN of subscribers is also required to be verified from Aadhaar.
What did the employer say?
- The EPFO has taken this decision under section-142 of the Social Security Code.
- What the employer has been told under the judgment is that since 1 June, if an account is not linked to Aadhaar or UAN is not verified from Aadhaar, then electronic challan and return (ECR) will not be filled in such a situation.
- Also, the contribution of the employer in the PF account can also be stopped. EPFO has also issued a notification in this regard to the employees.
- If the account of the PF account holder is not linked to Aadhaar, then they will not be able to use the services of EPFO.
What is a solution?
Official website of PF account holders EPFO www.epfindia.gov.in You can link your account with Aadhaar by logging on. For this you can follow these steps…
- EPFO website https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ Go to
- Login to your account using UAN and password
- Click on the KYC option in the “Manage” section.
- The page opens where you can see many documents to connect with your EPF account.
- Select the Aadhaar option and type your Aadhaar number and your name as entered on the Aadhaar card and click on Service.
- The information provided by you will be secure, your Aadhaar will be verified with UIDAI data.
- Once your KYC documents are correct, your Aadhaar will be linked to your EPF account and you will get “Verify” written against your Aadhaar information.
PF account holders withdrawing money due to Corona
The EPFO had recently released the data of the one linked to the PF account. According to this, from April 1, 2020 to May 12, 3.5 crore employees have withdrawn Rs 1.25 lakh crore from their Provident Fund account. It also includes claims settled as PF, pension, death insurance and transfer. According to the data, more than half of EPFO’s 60 million subscribers withdraw money during the Corona period itself.
There are more news …