Traumatic death of 12-year-old child in Mumbai: an iron ladder touching electric wires; The body caught fire when the child touched it


Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads

Mumbai14 hours ago

This traumatic incident was captured in a CCTV camera outside a shop. The police have registered an accidental death case.

A 12-year-old child died of electrocution in Airoli on Monday morning. The boy came in contact with an iron ladder placed on the roadside. This ladder was touching the electric wire. The high voltage current running in it can be gauged from the fact that in a few seconds the boy’s body caught fire and he died on the spot.

After the current, the child’s body caught fire. He died on the spot.

Accident like this
Rabale Police Station Senior Police Inspector Yogesh Gavade said that the boy could not be identified. It is believed that he lived on the sidewalk. The incident took place around 8.52 am on Monday morning in front of shop number 7 in Shiv Shankar Plaza 2 in Sector 7 of Airoli. The incident was captured in the CCTV camera installed on the spot. Based on the video, the police have registered an accidental death report (ADR).

After the incident, the staff of the electricity department reached the spot, removing the ladder.

After the incident, the staff of the electricity department reached the spot, removing the ladder.

Knowing the family of the deceased
Yogesh Gavade said that no trace of the family of the deceased has been revealed. We are looking for him. It is also being investigated why such a big iron ladder was kept there. If anyone is negligent in this, strict action will be taken.

Complaint registered
Social activist Bapu Pol said that the child used to sell toys at traffic signals. It is a great carelessness to keep the ladder that way. We have filed a complaint in this regard. Strict action should be taken against the culprits.

Cleaning power company
A statement issued by MSEDCL, which supplies electricity in Mumbai, said that on February 21, in Diva village on the Diva feeder, a ladder in front of the Lenskart shop was pushed and touched by electrical wires. After which 11KV current was running in it. On February 22, the diva feeder trip took off at 8.52 am. The victim held the pillar of the ladder and did not wear any slippers, so the child was shocked.


Source link


Leave a Reply