- Hindi news
- Tech auto
- Renault Kiger Price | Renault Kiger Compact SUV Launch At Rs 5.45 Lakh In India; Check Price, Specs, Features
Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
- The Kiger has a 405-liter boot space, with Reno claiming to be the largest in the segment
- The Kiger has 16-inch alloy wheels and has a ground clearance 205 Mini
The Reno Kiger has been officially launched in the Indian market. The starting price of this new compact SUV is Rs. 5.45 lakhs. Renault’s first compact SUV comes with four trim levels and four engine-gearbox combinations. The company has also started taking bookings from today. Let’s know the price of different variants and what features make it special ….
Reno Kiger Variant Wise Price List (Ex-showroom, India)
Reno Kiger: Dimensions and Exteriors
- The Reno Kiger is based on the CMFA + platform, which is also available in the Tribar, Kwid and Nissan Magnite. In terms of dimensions, it has a length of 3,991 mm, width 1,750 mm, height 1,600 mm and wheelbase 2,500 mm.
- The company claims that the best-in-segment is 710 mm of space between the front headrests of the Kiger, 220 mm of rear legroom and 1,431 mm of elbow room in the rear. The Kiger has the largest 405-liter boot space in the segment, folding the rear seats up to 879 liters. The Kiger has 16-inch alloy wheels and has a ground clearance 205 Mini.
- In terms of design, the Kiger sports a sculpted bonnet and a large wing front grille (with honeycomb-shaped chrome element) and split, all-LED headlight setup. Speaking of the side profile, the Reno Kiger features a flared wheel arch, a downward sloping roofline, which finishes on the black-out Sea-Pillar.
- Talking about the back profile, at the rear, there are C-shaped LED taillights and a small spoiler element and faux-aluminum skid plate are also available.
Reno Kiger: Exterior Color Option
The Kiger is available in 6 exterior color options – Ice Cool White, Planet Gray, Moonlight Gray, Mahogany Brown, Caspian Blue and Radiant Red in Mystery Black Roof. Dual-tone color option is also available in all trims. However, the Radiant Red finish is exclusive in the top-spec RxZ variant.
Reno Kiger: Interior Details, Features and Equipment List
- On the inside, the Kiger gets a layer dashboard on the center console and steering wheel with glossy black and chrome highlights. The 8.0-inch touchscreen is placed at the center of the dash above the central AC vents, and is nearly in-line with a 7.0-inch TFT digital instrumentation display. Several switches and steering wheels are shared with the Tribor, although the Kiger’s steering unit gets control for the infotainment system. The cabin is also practical. The company has a total of 29 liter storage compartment available inside.
- In terms of features, the top-spec RxZ variant features an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android auto support, an ArcMiss audio system, a digital instrument cluster, keyless entry, push-button start, automatic climate control, ambient There is lighting, wireless smartphone charging and connectivity and a PM2.5 air filter. Safety features include four airbags, ABS, a rear-view camera and parking sensors. Apart from this, there are five accessory packs which will allow customers to customize their kigar.
- However, Kiger misses a sunroof. Sunroof is a feature that is becoming increasingly popular in this segment.
Reno Kiger: Engine, gearbox and powertrain option
The Reno Kiger is available with two engine options – a 72hp, 1.0-liter, naturally aspirated petrol and a 100hp, 1.0-liter turbo-petrol. While both engines are mated to a standard 5-speed manual gearbox. The naturally aspirated engine also gets a 5-speed AMT option while the turbo-petrol gets a 5-step CVT option. High variants of the turbo-petrol engine also offer drive modes – Normal, Eco and Sports, which change the engine-gearbox and steering response. The turbo-petrol engine has a mileage of 20kmpl (ARAI rated) in manual form.
Reno Kiger: Who will be challenged in the market
Renault’s aggressive pricing means the new Kiger challenges all its compact SUV rivals. Apart from Nissan Magnite, Hyundai will compete with Venue, Kia Sonnet, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Toyota Urban Cruiser.