Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny gets 3-star rating in Euro NCAP crash test
- It will get 1.5 liter petrol engine of XL6, Ertiga and Ciaz only
There is good news for Indians waiting for Maruti Suzuki’s SUV Jimny. In a recent Investors Meet, the company confirmed that every aspect is being considered to launch Jimny in India. Last year at the Auto Expo 2020, the first time Jimny made his debut in India.
Maruti Suzuki Jimny: Preparations begin for Indian model
- Ever since Jimny has been showcased at the Auto Expo, there have been several reports about Jimny’s India launch. Its construction has started in India but currently it is being prepared for the export market.
- Recently confirmed by Shashank Srivastava, executive director of marketing and sales, Maruti Suzuki. He added that “We are currently evaluating this to launch the Jimny in the domestic market. You may remember that, we showcased it at the Auto Expo in February 2020, which received a great response. Right now we are including marketing Are studying different aspects to ensure when it can be launched in India.
- We had reported last year that Maruti Suzuki would require additional volume for launch in India. So Jimmy is on track to launch in the market in India, starting production in India for export.
Maruti Suzuki Jimny: Engine and Safety Features
- Powering the Jimny is Suzuki’s K15B 1.5-liter petrol engine. This is the same engine that powers the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza facelift, Ertiga, XL6 and Ciaz in India. It is available abroad with a 5-speed manual and 4-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- In terms of safety features, the Euro-spec Jimny gets six airbags, ISOFIX child-seat mounts, autonomous emergency braking (AEB), seat-belt reminder and lane-assist system, and a 3-star rating in the Euro NCAP crash test. Is also found.
- Apart from the standard three-door version, work is also being done on the main-in-India five-door Jimny. This model is being specially designed for the Indian market. This version will be more practical than the three-door model and will be more suitable for family buyers. In terms of underpinning, the Jimny will be indistinguishable from the 5-door and 3-door models. It will also be built on a ladder-frame chassis and will feature four-wheel drive with a low-range transfer case.
Maruti Suzuki Jimny: Which dealership will be sold
According to sources, the Jimny will be sold through Maruti Suzuki’s premium Nexa dealership. This will help bring more customers to Nexa outlets. No new product has arrived at the Nexa dealership since the XL6 MPV and the facelifted Ignis hatchback.