- Hindi news
- Aadhar Card Link Bank Account Important Notice; Mandatory For Customers Who Receiving Benefits Or Subsidy From Govt
Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
The country’s largest bank SBI has asked to link bank account to Aadhaar number to take advantage of government schemes like pension and LPG subsidy. Many people do not have an account linked to Aadhaar. If your account is not linked to Aadhaar, then you can link it right from home. We are telling you its process.
This is how SBI users can link online
- www.onlinesbi.com log onto.
- Go to “Link your Aadhaar number” (add your Aadhaar number) under “My Accounts” (My Account) which appears on the left side of the screen.
- On the next page select the account number, enter the Aadhaar number and click Submit.
- The last 2 digits of your registered mobile number (they cannot be changed) will appear.
- The status of the mapping will be communicated to your registered mobile number.
- Go to the SBI ATM, swipe your debit card and enter the PIN.
- Now select the ‘Service-registrations’ option. Select Aadhaar Registration in the menu.
- Now choose the type of account and enter the Aadhaar number.
- After this, the message of linking bank account and Aadhaar will come on the registered mobile number.
You can also link to UADAI website
- First official website of UADAI uidai.gov.in Go to
- After this, click on the section ‘Aadhaar Services’ and go to ‘Check Aadhaar / Bank Account Linking Status’.
- As soon as you click on it, a new page will open. Here you will be asked for a 12 number Aadhaar number.
- First fill the Aadhaar number in the space provided. After that, a security code will also show on the screen, after seeing it, one time password (OTP) will come to your registered mobile number.
- In this case, you must enter the OTP and then login.
- If your bank account is linked to Aadhaar, then you will get this congratulatory message in front- “Congratulations! Your Bank Aadhaar Mapping has been done ”.
You can get a link by going to the bank
Customers can contact the nearest SBI branch for seeding the Aadhaar number in the bank account. You will have to provide a photo copy of your Aadhaar by going there. But when you go to the bank, keep the original Aadhaar card with you.
Benefits of linking bank account with Aadhaar
The amount received under pension, LPG subsidy or government schemes now comes directly into the bank account. But to take advantage of this, your bank account needs to be linked to Aadhaar. According to the order of the Supreme Court, it is not mandatory to link the bank account to Aadhaar, but if you want to get government subsidy in the bank account, then you have to add the Aadhaar number, to the account. The government asked banks to ensure that by 31 March 2021, all bank accounts are linked to the Aadhaar number of customers.