National Cancer Awareness Day Today: Only 5% of cancer cases are genetic, the remaining 95% is in our hands; Just need to change lifestyle

Advertisement

  • Hindi news
  • National
  • National Cancer Awareness Day Only 5% Of Cancer Cases Are Genetic, The Remaining 95% Is In Our Hands; Just Need To Change Lifestyle

2 hours ago

  • Cancer was the second largest cause of death in India, seventh in 20 years ago.
  • In 80% of cases, patients are diagnosed with late stage cancer.

Cancer … a disease whose fear strikes people. The disease that snatched millions of our loved ones including Manohar Parrikar, Rishi Kapoor, Irrfan Khan, Vinod Khanna and so many more. In our country, every minute a person breathes, suffering the pain of cancer. But there is also another aspect of the coin. Actually, the disease is not as uncontrollable as it seems. According to the US National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), only 5–10% of cancer cases are genetic.

At the moment it is very difficult to control such cases. However, 90–95% of cancer cases are caused by the surrounding environment, food and living practices. That is, our right lifestyle gives tremendous opportunity to avoid cancer. Even if cancer occurs, it is possible to be treated in most cases if diagnosed at the right time. Just need to be aware. Yuvraj Singh, Manisha Koirala, Sonali Bendre, Tahira Kashyap, Anurag Basu and Rakesh Roshan are well-known examples.

80% of the people in our country are diagnosed with cancer when their treatment is almost impossible. In such circumstances 70% of people die within one year of detection of cancer. Cancer is the second leading cause of death in India after heart diseases. Whereas it was seventh, just two decades ago.

Advertisement

Madame Curie’s birthday also today
In India, National Cancer Awareness Day is celebrated on the birthday of the famous French-Polish scientist Madame Curie. It was started by the central government in 2014. Radium and polonium were discovered by Madame Curie. Both these radioactive elements are used in radio-therapy to treat cancer.

Things are serious in India, 11 lakh new cases every year
Every year about 11 lakh new cases of cancer are reported in our country. Of these, two out of every three cases are detected in the advanced stage of cancer. Due to this, there is very little hope of saving the lives of patients.
A woman dies of cervical cancer every eighth minute.

In India, 25% of cancer-prone men die from oral and lung cancer due to tobacco, while 25% of cancer-prone women die from oral and breast cancer.

Avoid this cancer environment

  • Tobacco
  • Diet weight physical inactivity
  • alcohol
  • Ultraviolet radiation
  • Viruses and bacteria
  • Ionization radiation (eg x-ray)
  • Pesticide
  • Solvents
  • Fine particles and dust
  • Dioxin (extremely toxic chemical, it is released during industrial processes like paper bleaching, pesticides)
  • Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) released from burning coal, diesel-petrol, wood etc.
  • Moldy toxin
  • Vinyl chloride (gas released to make PVC)

.

Source link

Advertisement

Leave a Reply