- Varun gets a place in T20 on Australia tour, Karthik-Natarajan will go as additional player
- Padikkal, Ishan, Rituraj, Bishnoi and Teotia also performed well
The league rounds of the IPL are over. 8 young players in the league have drawn attention from their performance. Three of them are going on a tour of Australia as well. Leg-spinner Varun Chakraborty has got a place in the T20 squad. Fast bowlers Karthik Tyagi and T Natarajan have been retained as additional players. Padiakkal, Ishan, Rituraj, Ravi Bishnoi and Teotia await their turn. Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson and Sandeep Sharma have also done well.
Varun Chakraborty: The only bowler to take 5 wickets in 1 innings of the season
- Karnataka leg-spinner Varun Chakraborty took 17 wickets in 13 matches at an average of 21. The economy stood at 6.94.
- Took 5 wickets against Delhi. No other season has taken 5 wickets in an innings.
- Career has played a First Class, 9 List A and 14 T20s. Despite less experience, he has now got a place in Team India.
T Natarajan: highest yorker bowled, also took 14 wickets
- The Tamil Nadu left-hander has bowled the most yorkers in the season. The bowler, playing from Hyderabad, has taken 14 wickets.
- Speaking of overall T20 career, 33 wickets have been taken in 36 matches. Three wickets for four runs is his best performance.
- 64 wickets in 20 matches of first class and 16 wickets in 15 matches of List A.
Karthik Tyagi: Bowler impressed everyone with speed, line length
- The 19-year-old fast bowler from UP has left a big impact with speed and accurate line length. Took 9 wickets in 10 matches of the season.
- They made it to the league for the first time in a T20 match. He has taken three wickets in a first class match and 9 wickets in 5 matches of List A.
- Karthik also took 11 wickets in 6 matches of the Under-19 World Cup held this year.
Ravi Bishnai: landed here after taking most wickets in World Cup
- The 20-year-old leg-spinner from Rajasthan took the maximum 17 wickets in the Under-19 World Cup this year.
- He was bought by Kings XI Punjab in the auction. He took 12 wickets in 14 matches of the season. Three wickets for 29 runs is the best performance.
- He has taken 18 wickets in 20 matches of overall T20. Took 8 wickets in 6 matches of List A
Devdutt Padikkal: More runs than Kohli-ABD for the team
- The 20-year-old Kerala batsman drew the most in the league. He has so far scored 472 runs in 14 matches with the help of 5 half-centuries.
- Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers have scored more.
- Speaking of overall T20, he has scored 1052 runs in 26 matches at an average of 46. Has scored a century and 10 half-centuries.
Ishan Kishan: proved himself as an opener, hit two fifties
- 22-year-old Ishan, who plays from Jharkhand, has batted aggressively. 428 runs in 12 matches with three half-centuries. Strike rate of 140.
- He got the opening opportunity in place of captain Rohit Sharma. Proving himself, took 2 fifties.
- In overall T20 wicketkeeper batsman Ishan has scored 2142 runs in 88 matches. He also scored two centuries and 10 half-centuries.
Rituraj Gaikwad: Positive and scored 3 fifties in last 3 innings
- The 23-year-old Maharashtra batsman became positive before the league started. After playing in Quarantine for 19 days, he went to play.
- Only 5 runs in the first three innings. But he won the team by scoring 3 half-centuries in the last 3 matches.
- He has scored 204 runs in 6 matches of the league. He scored 1047 runs in 34 matches of overall T20 career. He has also scored 9 half-centuries.
Rahul Tewatiya: 5 sixes in 1 over, performed well with the ball
- The 27-year-old Haryana player played all-round. Scored 5 sixes in 1 over against Punjab.
- He scored 255 runs in 14 matches of the league. Even a half-century. Strike rate of 139. Also took 10 wickets.
- Tewatia has scored 883 runs in 62 matches in the overall T20 career. There is a strike rate of 150. 40 wickets are also a setback.
Suryakumar and Samson scored 350+ runs, Sandeep took 13 wickets
- Suryakumar Yadav has scored 410 runs in 14 matches playing from Mumbai. Applied 3 fifties. Handled the team’s middle order throughout the tournament. He scored 3422 runs in 163 matches of T20 career.
- Sanju Samson of Rajasthan Royals scored 375 runs in 14 matches with 3 half-centuries. 26 sixes. 3856 runs in 163 career matches.
- Fast bowler Sandeep Sharma took 13 wickets in 11 matches. Three wickets for 34 runs is his best performance. Carried 151 wickets in 131 matches.